Time-lapse movies are a great way to show long periods of time on a compressed scale. Aside from that they can be really fun to make and cool to watch!
From the way motion plays out in front of the camera to the duration of the event you are trying to capture, there are many elements that go into the creation of a time-lapse. In this class, you will learn all of the components necessary to make a professional looking time-lapse video from a series of still images. During this 6-hour course, not only will we learn in the classroom, but you will also shoot and process a time-lapse video.
Disclaimer: Because cameras and cable releases vary, you will be responsible for knowing how your equipment works before attending this class. If your camera can shoot time-lapse videos, but does not have an intervalometer function that allows you to shoot a series of still images, you will need a cable release that has an intervalometer function. Also, make sure all required computer software is installed, operational and up to date.
To purchase tickets, click here to be redirected to Kenmore Camera’s Eventbrite page.
Equipment Needed By Participants:
- Camera with ability to shoot still images in intervals or with the ability to take a cable release with interval abilities.
- Cable release with interval abilities (if camera can’t control).
- Neutral density filter of 6 or 10 Stops
- Spare battery for camera
- Laptop with Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.
- Trial version (free) or better of LRTimelapse software. After completion of class you will receive a coupon code for 10% off of this software if you decide to continue with your time-lapses. You can download LRTimelapse here for free and use it in demo mode until you decide to buy a license.